BAD-PERM’S FIRST ROAD TRIP – DILLA DAY DETROIT

Lala February 9, 2013 12
BAD-PERM’S FIRST ROAD TRIP – DILLA DAY DETROIT

A few members of the Bad-Perm team headed out to Detroit on February 10th to celebrate Dilla Day. It was a tiring yet eye-opening journey, as we explored this city that once thrived from both the Motown industry and the booming car industry. The images that we captured give you a sense of the poverty and abandonment in Detroit, however you wouldn’t truly understand it if you weren’t physically there.

What is keeping this city alive is the music! We witnessed such an amazing turnout of people at The Fillmore, there to celebrate the extraordinary artist, James Dewitt Yancey aka J. Dilla. Everyone there shared the same passion for Dilla’s music and the legacy he created. This video features performances by Guilty Simpson, Phat Kat, Fat Ray, Amp Fiddler, Slum Village, Miz Korona, Danny Brown, Asher Roth and a very special appearance by Maureen “Ma Dukes” Yancey.

Special thank you to the J Dilla Foundation, Yancey Media Group, Ma Dukes and Jonathon Taylor.

12 Comments »

1. berkey November 28, 2020 at 8:44 am - Reply

You have made some decent points there. I checked on the internet to learn more about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this web site.|

2. detectives privados san javier December 11, 2020 at 11:57 pm - Reply

detectives privados antequera

3. Susan Korinek December 14, 2020 at 2:38 am - Reply

Ready-made landing pages + free traffic software. 200000 Visitors per day guaranteed

4. Francesca December 21, 2020 at 8:12 am - Reply

M.E.C Mon Electricien Catalan
    44 Rue Henry de Turenne
    66100 Perpignan
    0651212596

Electricien Perpignan

Howdy exceptional blog! Does running a blog such as this require a great deal of work?
    I’ve virtually no understanding of programming but I had
    been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, if you
    have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share.

I know this is off topic however I simply had to ask. Thanks!

5. the feed December 23, 2020 at 1:13 pm - Reply

What i do not realize is if truth be told how you’re not really much more neatly-liked than you might be right now. You are so intelligent. You understand thus considerably in the case of this subject, produced me for my part imagine it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like men and women aren’t involved unless it is something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs great. All the time handle it up!|

6. thefeed December 24, 2020 at 12:17 pm - Reply

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further post thanks once again.|

7. the feed December 25, 2020 at 4:16 am - Reply

I visited several sites except the audio quality for audio songs present at this site is actually excellent.|

8. feed December 25, 2020 at 6:22 pm - Reply

I could not refrain from commenting. Very well written!|

9. earn passive income fast December 26, 2020 at 12:33 pm - Reply

MONSTERMODE 700K is a cutting-edge funnel-based app that can generate 100 commissions of up to 900+ dollars DAILY. This is made thanks to traffic conveyed on autopilot over various “viral tiers”. More details: https://bit.ly/2YfQFcC

10. passive atmospheric water generator January 6, 2021 at 1:45 am - Reply

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It will always be useful to read content from other writers and practice a little something from other web sites. |

11. Darell Jessee January 10, 2021 at 6:54 am - Reply

Simply a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw outstanding design. “Treat the other man’s faith gently it is all he has to believe with.” by Athenus.

12. superbeets review January 15, 2021 at 10:47 am - Reply

Hi I am so thrilled I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Yahoo for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.|

Leave A Response »